Steph catches up with self-taught painter Caitlin Möhr after a busy year that included her debut solo exhibition ‘An Introspective Journey’ at Collective Haunt.
Transcript of this episode [PDF]
- cadaver (noun) a deceased human body that is used to study anatomy
- introspection (noun) the examination or observation of one's own mental and emotional processes
- breathwork (noun) conscious, controlled breathing done especially for relaxation, meditation, or therapeutic purposes
- mindfulness (noun) 1. the quality or state of being conscious or aware of something. 2. a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
- Viewpoint, 2022, Caitlin Möhr and Miles Dunne at The Lab
- An Introspective Journey [image gallery] [Essay by Connor Foley]
- Caitlin Möhr, Embracing, 2022, oil, googly-eyes and gap filler on canvas, 122x91cm.
Accompanying floor-text: Love yourself. Truly. Wholly. Deeply. The earth is crying for it. To resist yourself is to resist existence. Resist resistance?
- Solomon Kammer [website] [painting workshops]
- down pat (adjective) learned, mastered, or understood perfectly
- Floating Goose Studios & Gallery